As soon as I started to sport a little baby bump early in my pregnancy, I wanted to make sure I was sleeping on my side as much as possible, so that baby could receive as much nutrient-rich blood and oxygen as she could. This actually becomes a medical necessity after about 20 weeks when your uterus becomes large enough to compress the vena cava inside your body, so I was trying to train myself early on!
I tried using regular pillows between my knees at first, but I quickly found that it was a hassle to move them back and forth as I switched sides in the middle of the night. This process would also usually mess up the bed covers, and inevitably end up waking me from my restful night of sleep… which totally defeated the purpose.
So after much digging and review-reading on existing products on the market, I decided to purchase the Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow in the ivory color (pictured above), although it is also available in a tea color.
Overall, I LOVE this pillow and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a solution to a better night’s sleep during pregnancy. Here are my experiences with this product:
– Super comfortable… made my quality of sleep MUCH better throughout pregnancy!
– Great for learning to side-sleep, especially if you’re typically a stomach or back sleeper (like I am!)
– The “U” shape really helps to support your back as you lay on your side; so even if you accidentally start to roll over onto your back while you’re asleep, you’re still tilted sideways a bit
– Has extra curves along its length on both sides, which are great for supporting your back and your belly (when it grows larger)
– Polyester fabric stays cool at night and basically just warms up to match your body temperature (so it doesn’t get too hot like microfiber or fleece usually does)
– Kept its shape/fluffiness from 14 weeks and all the way through my pregnancy
– Removable cover for easy washing
– No need for a head pillow, as the U shape provides a natural snuggle spot for your head
– Removable cover takes a while to put back on, mostly because the pillow is so long
– Easily takes up half of a queen-sized bed
– Fabric on the cover is soft, but I think it could stand to be a bit softer
– Hubby’s complaint: he can’t snuggle with me while I’m laying in it! (^.^ teehee!)
What products have you tried using to improve your sleep during pregnancy? Tell us about it in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are completely my own, and I would only recommend products to you that I personally love! Thank you for supporting my family and this blog!